The Martian - Andy Weir

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Even with my limited knowledge of science (especially, chemistry) and space travel, I found the book entertaining as well as educating and thrilling. By the way, The Martian has the best opening lines I've come across lately: "I'm pretty much fucked. That's my considered opinion." This set me right into enjoying the adventure with Mark Watney on Mars. One of the things the protagonist says in the book is that "he's going to science the shit out of the planet" and he did - the book is very sciencey, but it didn't hinder me to enjoy the book over all. I won't remember half of the science stuff that Mark did to survive on Mars (well, maybe the fact that he grew potatoes using his own shit, eww! :D), but the humour and the intelligence of the book will have me coming back to it time and time again. It is also a different kind of book: it's the first book I've read in years that does not focus on romantic relationships or solving crime/murder, but focuses purely on intelligence, professionalism and working together to achieve a common goal. My verdict: a must read to all. Even you don't get the science part of it, The Martian will leave you feeling positive, even hopeful.