Into The Water - Paula Hawkins

Book Blurb:  Just days before her sister plunged to her death, Jules ignored her call. Now Nel is dead. They say she jumped. And Jules must return to her sister’s house to care for her daughter, and to face the mystery of Nel’s death. But Jules is afraid. Of her long-buried memories, of the old Mill House, of this small town that is drowning in secrecy…

What I thought: Entertaining enough, but it didn’t have me turning pages and enthralled as Hawkins’s debut book. The story line is slow in the first half of the book, but picks the pace up in the second half.  I found Jules character’s wallowing in self-pity in the beginning overwhelming and there is too much anger in other characters. The ending was frustrating to me because Hawkins allows loose ends remain loose – as a reader I don’t particular like it. With the rest of the characters, I felt like the author placed dust sheets over their stories to wrap them up quickly. Overall, give it a go: it’s a quick summer read, but not for must-keep-in-my-library category.